Sunday, March 11, 2012

Chocolate Cookies

Cookie Monster loves cookies.

Yesterday, Milou and I were chatting about the illustrations in one of those The Sesame Street Treasury books and we talked quite a lot about this one. Soon, I remembered one particular easy recipe that I'd been keeping in the top drawer for a while. I knew it was easy but I didn't guess I would end up with such great cookies with such simple ingredients.  If you love dark chocolate flavour, go for it. I had the idea to make smaller balls of the cookie dough and roll them in ground walnuts and it worked as well. Here comes the recipe. 

 Ingredients
125 gr butter or margarine, softened
100 gr sugar
125 gr all purpose flour
35 gr rice flour
100 gr dark chocolate, melted in bain-marie *hot-water bath

Directions
1. Heat the oven to 160 °C.
Mix all the ingredients in a big bowl with a electric mixer for a few minutes. Then knead the dough together until smooth. I didn't add more flour while kneading.
2. Shape the dough into 1″ balls. Place them onto cookie sheets, placing 2 inches apart.
3. Bake 25-30 minutes. Remove to cooling rack; cool 15 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
  • For the chocolate cookies covered in ground walnut, just roll the balls in ground walnuts and bake as in the directions above. 

1 comment:

  1. By the way, real name of cookie monster is 'Sid'. :D

    ReplyDelete