Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Turnip Salad with Cottage Cheese, Hazelnuts and Pomegranate Dressing


When I posted this photo on Facebook, it became an instant hit which still seems like a mystery to me. I didn't and don't see what is so terrific about the combination of the ingredients in this salad. I, once again, used all the possible vegetables, dairy products, and nuts on hand together. Fine, it looks pretty appetizing though. If you can find some pomegranate dressing, use it freely with some olive oil, you won't regret. I won't make a long list of things in the salad, however, it's better to inspire others with ideas. So, next time when you feel like a bowl of mixed salad, remember to add lettuce, turnips, cottage cheese, carrots, hazelnuts (delicious right out of the shell), and dried dill into the bowl and dress your salad with a mixture of olive oil and pomegranate sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment