Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Spicy Muffins with Feta and Vegetables



I am a big fan of cheese. Cheese is never enough or it is never too late to have some cheese. If I can ever add some cheese to any food, I do. I do it with a great pleasure. Whenever I have some spare time, I find myself on websites with lots of cheese photos. Well, here is a link to such a site where you can enjoy those awesome photos of mouth-watering sandwiches with Wisconsin cheese: http://grilledcheeseacademy.com/

After a joyful visit to this website, I craved cheese and headed to the kitchen right away and I ended up with muffins with feta and vegetables. You should definitely give it a try! Please remember to smell it before the first bite!



  • Ingredients
  •  
  •  1 cup butter, melted
  •  
  • 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
  •  
  • 2 large eggs
  •  
  • 1 cup milk
  •  
  • 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
  •  
  • 1 cup crumbled feta 
  •  
  • 1 clove garlic, minced

  • 3 green onions, finely chopped

  • 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated

  • 1 teaspoon ground dry mint 

  • 3 teaspoons baking powder
  •  
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

  • Directions

    1. Preheat the oven to 200 °C and lightly grease or line with paper baking cups muffin cups. 
    2. In a large bowl, blend together the flour, baking powder, and salt. 
    3. In a medium bowl, beat the egg, milk, butter and sugar until smooth. Fold in the ginger, garlic, green onions, mint,  and feta.
    4. Combine the two mixtures, blending until the dry ingredients are moistened. 
    5. Fill the muffin cups about three-quarters full. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. 
    6. Cool on a wire rack and serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment